Thursday 23 July 2015

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.



-- Goodreads.com description --

Colleen Hoover is a very popular author at the moment. I wanted to understand the popularity but most books didn't really catch my attention; except Ugly Love. Now, most people recommend starting with other Colleen Hoover books but I decided if I'm ever going to read one, it will be Ugly Love. After searching the internet for a cheap copy or e-book, I gave up on it for a while, because they were all priced more than 12 euros and in my opinion that is a lot of money for a book that has been released for a while. Finally, my curiosity for Ugly Love won out, and I bought my copy on the bookdepository.com.

Once again with a popular author, I had to adapt to the writing style. The book is divided into two perspectives: Tate's in the present day, and Miles' in the past. The perspective of Miles was written in a kind a verse that I really hated. Not because of the content but because the way it was written felt immature and stupid to me. It even made me feel stupid for reading the book. 

However, I liked Tate's parts and since the majority of the book is composed of her perspective, I continued reading it. Slowly I got over my issues and started to like the book. And by the end, I fell in love with it. 

One warning, though, this is a very sexy book and definitely not for younger readers. But if you are an adult, I would say, you would not have any problems starting to read Colleen Hoover with Ugly Love.

The last thing that added to my rating is the gorgeous cover, until you have seen and felt it in real life, you simply cannot understand the beauty of it! All in all, I give Ugly Love 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment