Monday 1 February 2016

January 2016 Wrap up

I don't write monthly wrap ups regularly and that is something I want to change this year! So far, I'm doing well with keeping up my resolutions  to write more on this blog, especially since I had exams this month. In the end, I managed to read two comics and four books! This counts for 9% of my Goodreads challenge, I'm on track!

1. Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe



This was the first thing I picked up this year and I liked it so much better than the first one, which at the time didn't impress me. Maybe I liked it better because I knew more of what to expect. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

2. Saga, Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan



The second volume of Saga, I liked way more than the first one, as well. I believe I both were kind of a right book/comic at the right time! 4 stars as well!

3. Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2) by Robin Hobb



I Royal Assassin quite a lot! I even wrote a review! I gave this one once again 4 out of 5 stars! Check out the review here.

4. Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo



Loved this one! 5 out of 5 stars! Check out the review here!

5. Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo



This second book in the trilogy was amazing which I was happy to discover! 5 our of 5 stars! Check out my review here!

6. The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende



This book was a loan from my grandmother and I had it in my possession since the summer months. I finally got to it and I really liked it! I have read several of Isabel Allende's books but it has been a few years. I was happy to read her most recent novel and to know that I still love her writing! 4 out of 5 stars.
I read this book in Dutch which is probably why it took me so long to finally pick it up, but I'm really glad that I did!



I also started reading Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo but I had to put it down in order to study for an exam. Since my examinations ended, however I've been feeling kind of slumpy. I'm hoping to change that as soon as possible but before that I'm probably not continuing with this book and watch Netflix instead.

Have you read any of these books? And what did you think of them? Let me know down below! I would also really like to know the books you read this month! Furthermore, if you would like a review of any of the books mentioned, let me know down below as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment