Saturday 2 April 2016

Stacking the Shelves: March Book Haul Part 2

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Each week bloggers post the books they purchased or received. I think I did reasonably well this month, it could have been a lot worse. I have a previous March Stacking the Shelves post here, if you want to check it out. This week I got one comic, one e-book and two paperbacks:

1. The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie (Illustrations), Matt Wilson (Colorist), Clayton Cowles


I actually got this in a comic store in Ghent, and this was the only comic that was reasonably priced, man if you think comics are expensive online, wait till you get to an actual store. However, I wouldn't be myself if I didn't pick up at least one comic and that's exactly what I did!

2. First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson #1) by Darynda Jones


I got a discount of 2,50 euros on one e-book of choice and since I've heard a lot of good things about this one, I decided to get it! I've been in a huge urban fantasy (or paranormal) mood lately because of the Mercy Thompson series and I need more!

3. The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike #1) by Robert Galbraith 


I've been wanting to explore some other genres like crime novels and I've been recommended this series so many times I couldn't resist getting the first two books. I'm I the only one who thinks these covers are beautiful?

4. The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith



Which books did you get this month? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Let me know down below!

11 comments:

  1. I love the Cormoran Strike series. Rowling's writing is amazing. Hope you enjoy it.
    Lauren @Lauren's Reading Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to get to them!

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    I'm visiting for the Stacking the Shelves! You can see my books at lauriehere.com! I LOVE how you're going to jump into Robert Galbraith's THICK novels (just like Harry! Which reminds me! I can't remember if it's a book or a movie they are making into another Harry Potter continuation, but it's when he's in his 30's with 3 kids! WOW, huh!!! I can't WAIT for that one!!! I think it's a book???) I never got into reading the series of books, but I WILL read this one! I think this is WAY cool! Please let us know if you know anything about this, being that you do books AND movies!! Thanks!!!
    Nices haul!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will actually be a play instead of a movie. I do believe that it will also be published, the expected publication date according to Goodreads is July 31st. I hope that answers your questions?

      Delete
  3. I just recently bought the Galbraith novels too. I've heard lots of good things too. Hope you love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to finally get to them!

      Delete
  4. Great books you have this week. I hope you enjoy them!

    Check out our STS

    Leydy @ OUAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these, but I've heard great things about Galbraith's series too. I hope you love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Robert Galbraith series. Looking forward to book 4 (if there is one). Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to start reading the series!

      Delete