Saturday 11 June 2016

Stacking the Shelves: May Book Haul

This is my May book haul. It is a bit late because I have exams to study for. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Each week bloggers post the books they purchased or received. These are the books I acquired last month, one comic, four e-book and two paperbacks:

1. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones



I had a discount on e-books and I decided to buy Howl's Moving Castle, I've heard amazing things about it and I can't wait to read it!

2. I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1: Madly Ever After by Skottie Young



This comic was amazing! Review to come!

3. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas



I did read this book last year but I borrowed it from a friend. That same friend convinced me to buy the second book in the trilogy and I'm so glad she did! I didn't see the point in buying the second book if I didn't own the first one, so I got both of them!

4. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas



This is now one of my favourite books ever! I highly recommend it!

5. Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld



A modern Pride and Prejudice retelling, that was all I needed to know in order to buy this book.

6. Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey


Even though this cover is awesome, I decided to get the cheaper option, the e-book. After reading it, I'm glad I didn't spend more money on this.

7. Touch of Power (Healer #1) by Maria V. Snyder 



This e-book was less than three euros and I've heard nothing but good things about this author, I simply couldn't resist!

Which books did you recently get? Have you read any of these books? Let me know in a comment down below!

10 comments:

  1. Sarah J. Mass is such a good writer. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved A Court of Mist and Fury! Probably my favourite book of the year! I Hate Fairyland was fantastic as well!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read A Court of Mist of Fury as I really enjoyed ACOTAR!

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it! I thought it was awesome!

      Delete
  3. I loved both the book and the movie of Howl's Moving Castle. They are very different from each other, but each is really fun! I also enjoyed the ACOTAR. I bought the second one, too. But I feel I need to re-read the first one before delving into the second one. Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just read Howl's Moving Castle this week and I really enjoyed it! I haven't seen the movie yet though I hope to do so soon! I wanted to reread acotar again before reading the second one, however I just ended reading A Court of Mist and Fury, I just couldn't wait! I hope you'll enjoy it too!

      Delete
  4. Sarah J. Maas is very popular right now. I have heard so much about these books but haven't read either one yet. I hope you enjoy them :)

    Stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've already read them and I loved A Court of Mist and Fury!

      Delete
  5. I still haven't read ACOTAR but I really want to! Glad to see you loved it! Happy reading :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Drooling over a few titles* Okay Eligible and Touch of Power look like they might be hittng my TO-read/wishlist in a moment. I am about to go look into them a bit more. I Hate Fairyland is one I really want to get my hands and. And Howl's Moving Castle is one I still need to read. Love the anime!! And Sarah J Maas' series I still need to get to. Fantastic haul! I hope you enjoy all these!

    ReplyDelete