Tuesday 15 November 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: My Favourite Movies

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers post their top ten on a previously suggested topic. This week's topic is top ten favourite movies! These are in no particular order. Most of these movies have an amazing soundtrack worth checking out!

1. The Untouchables 



I love this movie! Starring Sean Connery, Robert De Niro, Kevin Costner, Andy Garcia and music by Ennio Morricone, you can't go wrong with this one!

2. The Usual Suspects



Quote: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist meaning." This movie is one of my favourites because of the quotes, plot twists and thrilling action. If you ask me, one of the best plot twists ever!

3. Pride and Prejudice



This movie introduced me to Jane Austen and other classics and period dramas and I will forever love it because of that!

4. The Silence of the Lambs



Also some great quotes in this one! Anthony Hopkins is chilling as Hannibal!

5. The Shop around the Corner



Have you ever seen You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan? Well, that movie was based on The Shop Around the Corner and is a must see for fans of books and You've Got Mail.

6. Inception



Christopher Nolan is amazing! Enough said.
Also, brilliant soundtrack and ending!

7. Educating Rita



Quote "Assonance is getting the rhyme wrong." This is my father's favourite movie and especially since I'm an English literature student it's one of my favourites as well! The soundtrack of this movie continually pops up in my mind for months now.

Childhood favourites:

8. Mary Poppins




9. Mulan



10. The Hunchback of Notre Dame



Yeah, I even got a homemade Esmeralda costume. She was one of my favourite characters growing up!

Which movies do you love? Have you seen any of these and what did you think of them? Leave a comment down below!

12 comments:

  1. I've only seen four of the movies on your list. I absolutely love Inception. Mulan and Pride and Prejudice are some of my favorite movies.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! You should check the others out as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I have Pride and Prejudice on repeat right now because I'm doing a NaNoWriMo retelling of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ow, awesome! I love Pride and Prejudice retellings!

      Delete
  3. Aw, this makes me want to watch Mary Poppins again. It's been years and years since I've seen it. And Pride & Prejudice... I love that version with Kiera Knightley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love most versions of Pride and Prejudice but the Keira Knightley one was the first one I saw and remains my favourite! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I agree, Hannibal Lecter is pretty chilling! I have seen Inception on a couple of lists. I'll have to watch that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's amazing, as all Christopher Nolan movies are! :)

      Delete
  5. I couldn't really get into Pride and Prejudice movie after having seen the BBC mini series. Mulan I don't watch too often, but is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both versions of Pride and Prejudice but I first saw the 2005 version, even before I read the book, therefore I will always love it as it introduced me to Jane Austen!

      Delete
  6. Love The Untouchables, The Usual Suspects and Silence of the Lambs! I'm very much into horror, action adventure, fantasy sci-fi, monsters and films with great acting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those films are incredible! I like a variety of genres but these are my faves! Haha, yeah films with great acting are the only kind I like :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete