Tuesday 26 September 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Fantasy Books with Female Protagonists

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers post their top ten on a previously suggested topic. This week's topic is Ten Books That Feature Characters ____________. I chose ten fantasy books which feature female protagonists. I tried to leave the more obvious ones out (like for example books by Sarah J. Maas).

1. The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews 


I really enjoy this series and I highly recommend it!

2. The Gardella Vampire Hunters by Colleen Gleason


I read this series when I was sixteen and back then, it was my favourite series ever! It was pitched to me as Buffy meets Jane Austen, how could I not love it?
The first book in the series can often be found on kobo.com as a free e-book. 

3. Enchanted, Inc. series by Shanna Swendson 


Another fun series which is more or less unknown. It's charming and cute! Highly recommend it!

4. The Witchlands by Susan Dennard


I have seen mixed reviews about this series and although I do recognize the books have some flaws, I really like this series and can't wait to read the following books!

5. The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson


I finished this trilogy at the beginning of the year and once again, I really recommend this trilogy! The first book is somewhat predictable but each book in the series just gets better.

6. The Wrath and the Dawn duology by Renee Ahdieh 


I love retellings so I just had to mention one on this list! I have yet to read Flame in the Mist but I'm hoping to do so next month!

7. The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel


I read this one last year and I really liked it. This duology should definitely get more attention!

8. The Nevernight Chronicle by Jay Kristoff


This series divides opinion, apparently you either love or hate it. I am one of those people who loved it! Can't wait to read the sequel!

9. Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs


If you liked the Kate Daniels series, you should definitely give this series a try! I hope to continue both series soon!

10. Uprooted by Naomi Novik


This enchanting fairy tale is a must read!


Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and the link to your Top Ten Tuesday down below!

If you liked this post, follow me via 'Bloglovin, e-mail, Goodreads, Twitter and or Instragram! 

Have a great week everyone! Happy reading!

8 comments:

  1. A few of these are on my TBR, glad to see you enjoyed them!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/26/top-ten-tuesday-126/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I really enjoyed Moon Called and I really want to read Uprooted someday!

    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see Uprooted on your list because I feel like it's so underrated. I loved it so much!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same way about Uprooted!

      Delete
  4. What a great list, Lynn! I have read few of them. I have only read three or four of Gleason's novels in the series, and really enjoyed them. Uprooted is awesome. And I just love Patricia Briggs and Ilona Andrews. I have Nevernight and Truthwitch on my TBR pile. And Wrath of Dawn and Kiss of Deception are both on my wish list. I'll have to check out the Book of Ivy. That one is new to me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed Gleason's books as well! You should definitely check out The Book of Ivy, it deserves more attention!

      Delete