Saturday 28 March 2015

White Collar

A white collar criminal agrees to help the FBI catch other white collar criminals using his expertise as an art and securities thief, counterfeiter, and conman.

-- imdb.com description --


I finally finished watching this show. I must say I had a few problems with the series finale but I will get to that later on. From the first moment I watched White Collar, it quickly became one of my favourite TV shows. The characters are fantastic, my favourite one has always been Mozzie, but to be honest almost every regular on that show is so easy to love: Neal, Peter, Elizabeth, Diana, Jones, June and even Sara.

This show has got it all, it is full of mysteries, it has a police series vibe but with a twist: the FBI is working with a criminal to solve cases. This turned out to be a very successful formula. I'm actually quite shocked that I don't know that many people who watch this show, because it is amazing! I do feel that White Collar tends to focus a lot on the relationships between the main characters, which I like. I also want to comment on what a adorable couple Peter and Elizabeth are, you don't see that many couples in TV shows who were together from the beginning and stay that way. The only exception I can come up with are Lily and Marshall from How I Met Your Mother

The thievery is also a lot fun to watch, Neal and Mozzie can do just about anything they want. White Collar is full of exciting cases, suspenseful chases, action-packed mysteries and heartwarming moments. Plus, it is always fun to see how Neal will get out of his tricky situations. 

I highly recommend this show, it is a nice twist on a police procedural and absolute fun to watch. It can be suspenseful but also light at times. I don't doubt once you start watching White Collar you will like the characters as much as I do. They are hard to say goodbye to. I would have watched a few seasons more if they had them.

Warning, possible spoilers for the series finale below! (series finale discussion)

I was a little bit disappointed with the series finale, the ending looked so fake, it was clear early on that the shocking part was not real but still they could have done a better job with it. I didn't buy it at all! I was a little bit dissatisfied we didn't get to see more Mozzie and Neal in the end. Especially Mozzie. His ending was confusing. It wouldn't have hurt to writers to give him a slightly better exit. But still, I highly recommend this show anyway. If you haven't already, you should watch it right away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment