Sunday 19 April 2015

Homeland

When Marine Nicolas Brody is hailed as a hero after he returns home from eight years of captivity in Iraq, intelligence officer Carrie Mathison is the only one who suspects that he may have been "turned".

-- imdb.com description --



















Ok, I must admit that the first three seasons of Homeland were not really my thing. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad, I enjoyed them but still I had some issues with it. Especially the relationship between Carrie and Brody felt forced to me. I never liked them together. Season 4 was quite a surprise. I loved every bit of it. Very action packed and heartfelt. Even though I don't always agree with her, I like Carrie as a character. It's fantastic to have a female lead that is cool but imperfect. It's interesting to see how she copes with being bipolar and her stress inducing job. All this makes Carrie one character you shouldn't underestimate. She doesn't let her disease define her and that is what I enjoy about her. She has guts and isn't afraid to make hard decisions no matter the consequences, some of them are obviously the wrong choices but the way she copes with them (not always in the right way either) makes Carrie one of my current favourite characters. Especially since season 4. She is just so refreshing and original! And the magnificent Claire Danes is a perfect casting choice. I highly recommend this series and you should watch even if it's just to get to season 4, cause it's the best television I've seen in a while! And if I haven't convinced you yet about the awesomeness of this show, another strength both the show and Carrie have is that they are unpredictable, which is something I highly value in books and TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment