Saturday 25 April 2015

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive -- alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth. 

The Starbound Trilogy: Three worlds. Three love stories. One enemy.



-- Goodreads.com description --


I've heard amazing things about These Broken Stars but for me, unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. This is a sciencefiction survival story and the thing that bothered me most was the fact that it is very reminiscent of the first book in The Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi. Since I read that entire trilogy already and quite liked it, I also prefer The Under the Never Sky trilogy above These Broken Stars. I felt that only the last hundred pages of These Broken Stars were different from Veronica Rossi's books. But they still weren't enough to really enjoy it. I am not sure yet if I'm going to read This Shattered World but it definitely won't be in the near future. This book certainly did have some good qualities but unfortunately even the characters were reminiscent of Under the Never Sky. Ultimately, I gave this book 3 stars although I doubted for a while if it didn't deserve a 2,5 more... If you are really interested in reading sciencefiction survival stories than I would say: go for it. If not, but you want to try it out, I would recommend The Under the Never Sky trilogy, even though I only gave the first book in the series 3 stars, the last two are completely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment