Wednesday 1 July 2015

Fairest by Marissa Meyer

In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.


-- Goodreads.com description --




The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favourite young adult series. So, I was very excited to read Fairest, which is a novella situated after the third book and before the last one. Since I loved the previous books, I couldn't help feeling disappointed by the newest addition to the series. It's not like I hated it, but I didn't love it either. I actually couldn't care less. There was new information about Levana's past and that is kind of all of it. I don't really believe you need to read this if you want to read Winter but since the last book isn't out yet I have no right to say that. In the end, I gave this novella 3 out of 5 stars, because, let's face it, I couldn't care less about Levana. The book wasn't even interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment