Tuesday 4 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Fairy Tale Retellings I've Read or Want to Read

There is a first time for everything and this is my first top ten Tuesday, which is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers share their lists on the given topics. Upon reading today's list on the blog of Peace Love Books, I couldn't resist and I joined for the first time. I'm so excited, so let's start!

Fairy Tale Retellings I've Read (in no particular order):


1. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge


2. Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge


3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
5. Cress by Marissa Meyer


6. Uprooted by Naomi Novik


7. Fables Volumes 1-20 by Bill Willingham


8. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


9. Ember by Bettie Sharpe


10. Beauty by Robin McKinley



My favourite books are by Rosamund Hodge, Marissa Meyer and of course, Naomi Novik!

Fairy Tale Retellings I Want to Read:


1. Winter by Marissa Meyer


2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh


3. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge


4. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay


5. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine


6. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson


7. Splintered by A.G. Howard


8. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George


9. Entwined by Heather Dixon


10. The Little Android by Marissa Meyer


As you can probably already tell, I'm a huge fan of fairy tale retellings, in fact, it's my favourite genre at the moment. The books highest on my tbr-list are all fairy tale retellings: Winter, Crimson Bound and the Wrath and the Dawn and I absolutely can't wait to start reading them!

I really enjoyed my first Top Ten Tuesday and I hope to join the following Tuesdays as well, so look out for that!

What are your favourite fairy tale retellings? I'd love to know, so don't hesitate to leave a comment!

6 comments:

  1. Great choices! I really enjoyed the Lunar Chornicles as well. Sadly I haven't read ACOTAR yet but it is on my list!!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean, if it wasn't for my friend who was kind enough lend ACOTAR to me, it would probably take me months to get to that book :) You’ve got some interesting choices, I don’t know any of them!

      Delete
  2. I am yet to read most of these, some of which are on my list as well! ACOTAR is one I forgot but really want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a lot of fun reading them! At this moment fairy tale retellings are my favourite genre, I just can't get enough of them!

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going to have to break down and read Cinder & Beauty lol. So many people are recommending them! My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I was hesitant to read them too, but now I am really glad I read them! I hope you enjoy them! And wow, I only know one book on your list, I will definitely need to check those others out sometime!

      Delete