Thursday 7 April 2016

March Wrap Up

I decided to do a belated March wrap up after all, I know I skipped February but if anyone is interested in that let me know down below! Even though I feel like I'm kind of in a reading slump this year, I read 6 novels and one novella this month. Which, all things considered, is pretty good!

1. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer



This is a collection of Lunar Chronicles novella's and I have a review to come for this one! 5 out of 5 stars, of course!

2. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton



This was a new release and I really enjoyed it! 4 out of 5 stars. Review here.

3. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski



I finally started reading The Winner's Trilogy and I loved the first book! 5 out of 5 stars! I haven't decided on writing a review on this one, if you are interested in my thoughts let me know down below!

4. Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs



I've been wanting to read this series for so long and I'm so glad I did! It was amazing! I absolutely loved all the characters and I couldn't wait to pick up the next book! Loved it! However, the plot itself could have been a bit more entertaining, so therefore I gave Moon Called 4 out of 5 stars!

5. Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs



It not surprising that I picked this one up immediately after finishing Moon Called! This book was even better! 4 out of 5 stars!

6. Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5) by Patricia Briggs



This is the start of the Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs, which is a spin-off of the Mercy Thompson series. At first I was mostly interested in this series but you do need to read Moon Called first. In the end, I liked the Mercy Thompson series so much better. I gave this novella 3 out of 5 stars. You can find this novella in the On the Prowl bind-up.

7. Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs



Cry Wolf is the actual first novel in the Alpha and Omega series, however you do need to read Moon Called and the Alpha & Omega novella before you can read this one. I rated this book 3 out of 5 stars. I liked it enough, but I just wanted to read more of the Mercy Thompson series. 

I also started to read 3 more books in March: Transcendence by Shay Savage, a book I actually want to dnf but I don't usually do that with books. Room by Emma Donoghue, a book a read on public transport to keep me busy, but since I now have an Easter break, I stopped reading it but I'm really enjoying it! And lastly I also started reading The Winner's Crime but I put that one aside in order to read Moon Called, because of my reading slump.

Which books did you read last month? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Leave your thoughts in the comments! The Mercy Thompson series is definitely my favourite read of the month! If you want to read an actual review of any of the books mentioned below, please feel free to let me know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment