Wednesday 15 March 2017

Review: Firefly

Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.

-- Imdb.com description --





Firefly is a science fiction TV show created by Joss Whedon. Despite its fan base it got cancelled after only one season containing fourteen episodes. I started watching this show because two of the main actors are coming to Ghent in our version of Comic Con, called Facts. I'm talking about Nathan Fillion and Morena Baccarin.



Before, I avoided the show because I had a feeling I would fall in love with it instantly and be incredibly sad such an amazing show actually got cancelled. And of course that's exactly what happened. 

Firefly is mostly set on spaceship Serenity, which is a firefly, hence the title of the show. The characters are what made the show so special to me. I loved every single one of them! To me this was a feel-good show, even though it was constantly action-packed, I just felt very connected to the characters. It's hard to pick a favourite but how can you not love Mal? 


This show is action-packed, full of laughs, friendship and love. There is something there for everyone. I, for sure, will truly miss this show! But maybe, with all these revivals, a second season is still possible? Who knows? 


I highly recommend you give this show a try! But please do start with the episode Serenity, which is the actual first episode where all the characters are introduced. After watching the first half of that episode, I already knew I would have to binge watch the rest! So what are you waiting for? Quit reading this blog and go watch Firefly!

No comments:

Post a Comment