Saturday 4 March 2017

Review: La La Land




It might not be a secret but I love musicals! My absolute favourite is The Phantom of the Opera. It was a magical experience to watch the West End show. It was the most perfect birthday gift I ever got! I also adore old Hollywood musicals, Singin' in the Rain, would be my favourite musical film. However, La La Land has a change to become my new favourite musical film.



The film starts with a traffic jam and some random people getting out of their cars and starting to sing and dance. That was my first clue I was absolutely going to love this movie!

The main characters are an actress going whose auditions are always a disaster and a struggling jazz musician. The story was absolutely fascinating, and I have to admit I was in tears a couple of times. 


Some scenes reminded me of other musicals, like for example the picture above reminded me of West Side Story, which I was lucky enough to see a live version in English!

The music and songs were gorgeous! I could listen to them every day, which is of course what I've been doing lately, and I have absolutely no shame :p


Another Day of Sun, Someone in the Crowd and City of Stars are my favourite songs of the musical. The latter rightly won the Oscar! I could listen to just those three on repeat every single day!

The dance scene were simply stunning! I absolutely love this movie! I can already tell, I'm going to buy the DVD when it comes out and show it to my entire family!


I highly recommend this musical! I can't praise it enough! It deserves all the hype! If you haven't seen it, what are you waiting for! Go watch it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment