Sunday 26 March 2017

The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden #1) by A.R. Torre

I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death.

Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?

Enter a world of lies, thrills, fears, and all desires, in this original thriller from A. R. Torre.


-- Goodreads.com description --

Hmm, this book... After reading so many positive reviews I was really excited to read The Girl in 6E, even though it is an erotic suspense novel, two genres I don't normally read.

The first part of this book was so boring! Almost nothing but erotic descriptions, and let me tell you, that's not why I wanted to read it. I was looking for a female Dexter and in the end the book, things did turn out that way. However, I was willing to not finish this book more than any of the others I've read this year.

Another thing I did not care for, is the first scene with Jeremy and Deanna, I was really not okay with that scene and the book doesn't really make a fuss about it. That's what shocked me the most.

This book is difficult to rate, the first half is easily a one or two stars at best, the second part is better. I rated it 3 stars on Goodreads, mainly because of the awesome plot twist, but I'm still considering whether I should lower it or not. The plot twist does make me slightly more curious about the second book in the series, so let me know if that one is better. I can't but feel disappointed by this book, especially since I read so many glowing reviews. But then again, I should have known I wouldn't enjoy an erotica, I just hoped it would have focused more on the suspense part. Needless to say, this book is very explicit.

Have you read this book as well? Or are you planning to read it in the future? Leave your thoughts down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment